Maffra and District Historical Society

M&DHS operates the Maffra Sugar Beet Museum, part of the Local History Collection at the Maffra Library, and a Dairy Museum at the Robotic Dairy at Winnindoo.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Victoria, Australia

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Horses on the Channels


Work goes on apace, uploading the Heyfield Album. If we go on at the present rate of a page a day, it will take about a month to get them all up there. But Christmas might intervene, so it could take a little longer.

In the meantime, check out the Horses Set. Work is getting up to full steam out in the Nambrok-Denison area, in what must be one of the last large engineering projects to use horses on such a scale. 

This is one of the advantages of Flickr - you can load the same photograph to all sorts of sets. If you want to see what replaced the horses, check out the Earth Movers.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lorene said...

Hi Linda, I don't mean to complain but I am having trouble reading all the blue and pink writing on the Maffra web pages and I have got my glasses on!!

December 10, 2012 at 1:32 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Something strange here goes - can you send me a screenshot, please? Little bit of pink on my sidebar, but that is all.

December 10, 2012 at 1:36 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Hi Lorene, even the bit of pink that was on mine, on part of the side bar, has now gone. Must be the sunset.

December 10, 2012 at 1:40 AM  
Blogger Lorene said...

Hi Linda, I think it must be my computer. I don't know how to send a screen shot sorry. The same colours are on the Stratford pages too!!! Crazy contraptions these computers:) I will ask my husband Paul if he can work out what the problem is!

December 11, 2012 at 2:48 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Hi Lorene,
if you look on your keyboard for PrtSc, on mine it is on the key to the right of F12. Just hit that, which copies it, then open an e-mail to me at kapana[at]netspace.net.au and Cntl+V should paste it into the e-mail. I could see a little pink for a short time on the side bar, but it went pretty quickly. It is fine now.

December 11, 2012 at 2:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home